Saturday, June 19, 2010

Eek! A Mouse!

The experimental group Mice Parade is the brainchild of Adam Pierce. They’re not a new group, but they’re one of those groups that I discovered, acquired some of their music, and then promptly forgot about. The other day I put them on and said to myself, “These guys are great! Why haven’t I been listening to them?” Mice Parade combines elements of jazz, folk, rock and their own genre-bending sound. Most of their early releases are instrumental, but more recently they feature vocals. The instrumentation includes acoustic guitar, keyboards, excellent percussion, vibes, and a whole plethora of other instruments. And their songs are rich and complex. Quite unique. In fact, the only group that I could compare them to is Anathallo. Another personal favorite group that I reviewed earlier. I wouldn’t describe them as the mouse that roared, but one that purred.



No comments:

Post a Comment