Friday, March 26, 2010

Mo Betta Movits!

Mix some hip-hop with swing, and sing it in the goofiest sounding language on the planet, Swedish, and you’ve got Movits! I don’t know a thing about this group except, once you hear them, you’ll be shouting, “Swing, Sven, Swing”! They did appear on the “Colbert Report”, so I’m not the only one who’s heard of them. As you can imagine, it’s pretty hard to describe this group. They only have one CD out and I’m not sure how easy it is to find. But give them a listen and I hope you enjoy them as much as I do. They’re pretty unique and they’re a whole lot of fun. I imagine they get the crowd on their feet dancing, whenever they play live.

P.S. After listening to Movits! a couple more times, I'm pretty sure they're not singing/speaking in Swedish. I think it's all gibberish, like the "Vout" that Slim Gaillard was doing back in the 40's and 50's. It's still a hoot.



No comments:

Post a Comment